Java decoder implementation

brooss

Jul 7, 2010, 1:32:29 AM7/7/10
to codec...@webmproject.org
I've done some work implementing a decoder nativity in Java, the code is
available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/javavp8decoder/ .

So far I've got keyframe decoding before loop filtering correctly, but I
get slightly different results to the official libvpx after loop
filtering. I'm using the loop filter code from the VP8 Data Format and
Decoding Specification (converted to Java code obviously).

Basically I'd like someone to confirm that the code in the documentation
is actually correct. The problem seems to be along subblock edges rather
than macroblock edges. I can also give some exact input values and
output values for calls to subblock_filter and how they differ from
whats expected if that would help.

Any help with this is appreciated.

John Koleszar

Jul 7, 2010, 7:52:27 PM7/7/10
to codec...@webmproject.org

I'm just starting to look at this as well. Take a look at
libavcodec/vp8dsp.c from the ffmpeg trunk, there's a couple comments
in the filter_common function about how it deviates from the written
spec to match the libvpx behavior.