enabling the default track visibility show option on a mirror

kevin o riordan

Aug 31, 2015, 10:14:35 AM8/31/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi
I was wondering about changing the default on the sql trackDb for a super-track from hide to show.

Now I know that the visibility setting to "full"/"2" for normal tracks but the show option does not appear to be documented.

I was wondering about where to set it.

Kind Regards

Kevin O Riordan

Matthew Speir

Sep 8, 2015, 12:53:12 PM9/8/15
to kevin o riordan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your question about superTrack visibility settings. Please note the information on the trackDb definitions page, under the "Supertrack settings" section, http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/trackDb/trackDbHub.html#superTrack:
To set a supertrack to display as default add the word show, superTrack on show, to the end of the statement.
For example, you would structure your trackDb statements like so:

track mySuperTrack
superTrack on show

    track mySubtrackA
    superTrack mySuperTrack full

These settings will make it so that a supertrack "mySuperTrack" and it's one subtrack "mySubtrackA" are both displayed by default.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group