Restriction Enzyme Track Data

Clint Christensen

Dec 1, 2014, 6:15:55 PM12/1/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Howdy!

I am trying to download restriction site data for the entire (cow, rhesus, and baboon) genomes from table browser but cannot seem to find it.  The track is present in the group "Mapping and Sequencing" portion of Genome Browser and data is available when at the appropriate zoom level.  If it is not possible to get the data from the Genome Browser website or Table Browser, can someone offer advise on how to do this?  I have checked other online resources with no luck (such as Rebase and ExPasy).  Thank you in advance for any help.

Clint Christensen
Senior Research Assistant, Department of Genetics
Texas Biomedical Research Institute
7620 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX  78245

Steve Heitner

Dec 3, 2014, 11:29:44 AM12/3/14
to Clint Christensen, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Clint.

The contents of the Restriction Enzymes track are not in a table that can be downloaded, but are rather calculated on the fly.  There is still a way to obtain the information you are looking for though, which is addressed in the following previously-answered mailing list questions:

https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/eIdmqUljb3Q/rwjDlTIWZjoJ
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/eIdmqUljb3Q/rwjDlTIWZjoJ
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/-fL_E7ZKbAU/gLhlHM48m0kJ

Note that the links to our old mailing list archives do not point properly to their new Google equivalents, so I have provided the appropriate Google links for you.  In the future, if you search the Google group and find one of those old links, the old links do at least contain the month and year of the original post which makes it a bit easier to find the right post in the Google group.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner