UCSC genome browser to upload bigwig file

Wang, Yuan (Simon)

Jan 20, 2016, 6:13:59 PM1/20/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear staff,

I am trying to upload a bigwig file to UCSC but could not be able to through the URL link from dropbox. I am struggling with this. Could you give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Simon

Matthew Speir

Jan 21, 2016, 2:58:50 PM1/21/16
to Wang, Yuan (Simon), gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your question about uploading a bigWig custom track to the UCSC Genome Browser. You may have some success using Dropbox to host and visualize a small number of custom tracks using your "Public" Dropbox folder as described here: http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/customTrack.html#TROUBLE (look for the Problem/Solution that mentions Dropbox). However, in the past, we have had users run issues with hosting their custom tracks through Dropbox, so it is not a recommended method of hosting your custom track or track hub files.

A better solution would be to talk to the IT systems administrators at your university or in your department and see if they can provide you with some web accessible space to host your custom tracks.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group