Question regarding the single-base conservation score

Minggui Chen

May 17, 2016, 12:09:24 PM5/17/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I am Minggui Chen, a postdoc at MIT. I really like UCSC genome browser. Recently I want to extract the conservation score for the individual bases. I search and ask around our institute, but there is no answer for that. I am wondering whether you can send me the guideline on how to extract single-base conservation score. Thanks very much.

Best
Minggui Chen

Luvina Guruvadoo

May 25, 2016, 1:28:55 PM5/25/16
to Minggui Chen, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Minggui Chen,

Thank you for your question. You can retrieve the conservation score for individual bases by creating a custom track of your regions, then intersecting it with the Conservation track using the Table Browser. Please see this previously answered question for more details and instructions:
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/JcKxFpz0W5Y/xt2o_wz7Zt8J

For more information on Custom tracks, please see:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/customTrack.html

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo