question about data redistribution

Jennifer Tom

Feb 27, 2015, 7:19:40 PM2/27/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi!

I've been working with the UCSC self chain track and would like to include a transformed version of it in an R/bioconductor package.  I would obviously cite UCSC and provide a link to the original file.  I just want to make sure this is something that UCSC allows with it's data.  Thanks!

Jen

Robert Kuhn

Mar 2, 2015, 5:34:48 PM3/2/15
to Jennifer Tom, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List, Robert Kuhn
Hello, Jennifer,

Our source code would require a license for a commercial entity, and some
of the data from outside sources is proprietary and we ourselves cannot
redistribute it.  The chain and net tracks are generated at UCSC and are
available for your use.  Thanks for confirmation that you will properly attribute
the source of the data.

regards,

   --b0b kuhn
   ucsc genome bioinformatics group