Spotted gar genome assembly on UCSC

Chirag Nepal

Mar 31, 2016, 12:20:02 PM3/31/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC team,

I was looking for Spotted Gar genome assembly on UCSC download section, but did not find it.
Could you please point out the location if UCSC has the genome assembly data.

Thank you !

Cheers
Chirag Nepal, Ph.D
======================================

Post Doctoral Researcher, Andersen Group
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre
University of Copenhagen, Denmark

Steve Heitner

Mar 31, 2016, 12:48:33 PM3/31/16
to Chirag Nepal, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Chirag.

We do have the Spotted Gar assembly on our preview server (http://genome-preview.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?&db=lepOcu1), but assemblies that are still under development do not typically have download files available as do assemblies on our public site.  As our grant specifies that we focus on mammalian genomes, it is unlikely that the Spotted Gar assembly will be released to our public site any time soon, if at all.

That being said, if you are just looking for raw assembly data, you can get it directly from NCBI.  See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_000242695.1/ and ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/Lepisosteus_oculatus/.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.  All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group