View DNA

1 view

Darrow, Emily

Apr 8, 2014, 6:49:10 PM4/8/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
First, I just want say thank you for your work on this amazing resource and that I appreciate several of the new “user friendly” functions. Would it be possible to add a “Get DNA” feature to the new box that allows the user to either highlight or to zoom when a region is selected? As it is now, if I want to retrieve a particular DNA I must first zoom into region and then retrieve it through the View menu.

Thank you,
Emily
---

Emily Darrow
PhD Candidate - Chadwick Lab
Cell and Molecular Biology
Department of Biological Science
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306

Jonathan Casper

Apr 10, 2014, 8:33:44 PM4/10/14
to Darrow, Emily, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Emily,

Thank you for using the browser and for your feature request. I have passed it along to our engineering team. In the meantime, you may be interested to know that you can right-click on items in the UCSC Genes track to directly request DNA. After you have highlighted an item, you can also right-click and select "zoom to highlighted region" to jump your browser view directly to your highlighted area. Clicking your browser's "back" button will return you to the region that you were previously looking at.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group