Plasmodium falciparum liftover

Vinay R S

May 21, 2015, 12:03:50 PM5/21/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi all,
I tried running available scripts for liftover(SameSpeciesBlatSetup.sh and SameSpeciesChainNet.sh) for Plasmodium falciparum 2008 to 2015,
I am not getting the .psl output or chain out puts.
Till chromosome sequence size is printing along with joblist but i am not getting any out put.
Could someone help me with this
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vinay R S

Steve Heitner

May 21, 2015, 2:10:04 PM5/21/15
to Vinay R S, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Vinay.

I assume you are following the instructions at http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Same_species_lift_over_construction.  I have a few questions for you regarding this:

1. Do you have the additional kent source programs required by these scripts? (twoBitInfo, twoBitToFa, partitionSequence.pl, gensub2, blat, calc, axtChain)

2. Do you also have the companion script BlatJob.csh?

3. How did you obtain your query.2bit and target.2bit files?

4.  Are there any error messages that might provide us additional help in diagnosing the problem?

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
Questions sent to that address will be archived in a publicly-accessible forum for the benefit of other users.  If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Steve Heitner

May 22, 2015, 2:11:53 PM5/22/15
to Vinay R S, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Vinay.

I noticed in your output from SameSpeciesBlatSetup.sh, it shows:

./SameSpeciesBlatSetup.sh: line 98: blat: command not found

This is most certainly a major problem.  The script calls blat along with all of the other additional kent source programs I listed previously.  If you do indeed have these installed, you need to make sure their locations are specified in your PATH statement.

When you are in the directory you are running the script from, verify that the script will be able to successfully call blat by trying to run blat manually.  If you cannot run blat manually from the command line, the script will likewise not be able to run blat and it will not succeed.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---