NOR start and end sites

Fritz, Andrew James

Jan 16, 2015, 12:20:06 PM1/16/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
I was just wondering if there is any information on the exact (or rough estimate) of where the nucleolar organizer regions (NOR) start and end on the acrocentric chromosomes (13,14,15,21, and 22). This information is of critical importance for the project I am planning and all I can find is where there are no longer any BACs or mRNA etc anymore on the chromosome. Is the first BAC likely to be the end of the NOR?

Thank you so much for your help,

Andrew Fritz, PhD.
Given E209
University of Vermont
Biochemistry Department
Burlington, VT 05401

Steve Heitner

Jan 21, 2015, 4:52:04 PM1/21/15
to Fritz, Andrew James, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Andrew.

We do not have any tracks that specifically deal with nucleolar organizer regions.  It is also beyond the scope of this mailing list for us to speculate as to whether or not the NOR ends where the first BAC begins.

In addition, the following page indicates that the short arms of the relevant chromosomes do not exist on the current human assembly: https://www.iscb.org/cms_addon/conferences/ismb2014/posterlist.php?cat=G (see the second section down, Poster - G02).  I verified in the Browser that on these particular chromosomes, no annotations exist in the short arm regions.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner