Re: [genome] USCB tracks download

Matthew Speir

Apr 22, 2016, 11:05:33 AM4/22/16
to Chiara Balestrieri, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Chiara,

Thank you for your question about obtaining data for multiple tracks in
your saved sessions.

Unfortunately, we currently don't have a way to extract data for
multiple tracks in a saved session. You will likely have to use the
Table Browser, http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables, to extract the
data for each track in your session one at a time.

There is the Data Integrator,
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgIntegrator, that allows you to extract
data for multiple tracks at once based on intersections with another
track, but all of the data is concatenated into one file and one row can
contain data from multiple tracks based on the intersection. I'm not
sure how useful this tool would be in this case.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group