Local BLAT Install?

Serrao, Erik A.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:20:15 PM2/22/14
to gen...@cse.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I am a postdoc at Harvard Medical School, and I would like to use BLAT to align thousands of individual human DNA sequences. Can you please suggest a method to do this as efficiently as possible? I am not very programming-literate, but I have heard that doing a local BLAT install may be a good idea. Would you be able to walk me through this or offer other useful ideas?

Thanks so much,

Erik

dispose of the e-mail.

Luvina Guruvadoo

Feb 24, 2014, 1:12:09 PM2/24/14
to Serrao, Erik A., gen...@cse.ucsc.edu
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your question. For large batch queries, we recommend downloading BLAT and running it locally. Please see the following links for more information:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQblat.html#blat3
http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/downloads.html#utilities_downloads

Also, here are a couple of help pages:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/blatSpec.html
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTracksHelp.html#BLATAlign

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group