SNP coordinates and visial marks don't agree

Rodney T Perry

Apr 14, 2014, 2:20:16 PM4/14/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

In the genome browser and if the SNPs option of full is selected, the SNP rs name that comes up when you hover over the tick mark in the browser is NOT the same rs name that is on the same line in the left margin.  If you click on that SNP tick mark, the rs name that is 2 names below it is what appears on the linked page.  This is using the GRCh37/hg19 assembly.  Can you confirm this?  Thanks.

Luvina Guruvadoo

Apr 14, 2014, 5:07:28 PM4/14/14
to Rodney T Perry, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Rodney,

Thank you for contacting us. Could you please provide a link (with hgsid) so we can take a closer look at the issue?

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Luvina Guruvadoo

Apr 16, 2014, 2:24:34 PM4/16/14
to Rodney T Perry, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Rodney,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this bug. In the meantime, moving the SNP tracks above the UCSC Brain Methyl and UMMS Brain Hist tracks appears to be a workaround; the mouseovers will be correct. We apologize for the inconvenience.