RhD gene sequence

Barry Starr

Jan 27, 2014, 2:35:35 PM1/27/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello

I am trying to figure out if Neandertals and/or Denisovans had Rh+ or Rh- blood.  To do this, I need to bring up their RhD genes but am finding it really hard to do.  Can you take me through how to do it?

Thanks

Barry

--
Dr. D. Barry Starr
Director, Outreach Activities

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jan 30, 2014, 2:33:27 PM1/30/14
to Barry Starr, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, since we don't have a Neandertal assembly, we also don't have a Neandertal gene track. However, you may be able to find the regions of RHD on the human assembly, then use our Neandertal Contgs track in the Table Browser to retrieve contig sequences. This previously answered question provides more details: https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/W0-yJwae16k/Fa5eXJbg_6AJ.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group