[Genome] snp132 chr19 download problem

Andrew Nkurunungi

May 26, 2015, 11:17:43 AM5/26/15
to ma...@soe.ucsc.edu, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,
I am a bit new in Bioinformatics but I really need help downloading this file, snp132Common.txt. I need it to begin my project work. Every time I try to download it, it says that It could not be found on the server.
Thanks a lot.

Andrew
Andrew Nkurunungi
Graduate Research Assistant
Bioinformatics/Computer Science.
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University
(256) 479 2957
anku...@bulldogs.aamu.edu

Jonathan Casper

May 29, 2015, 6:42:09 PM5/29/15
to Andrew Nkurunungi, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your question about obtaining the data from the snp132Common table. That track has been retired from our live server for quite some time now, and is not normally available for download. I have prepared a temporary download of the table at http://genome-test.soe.ucsc.edu/~jcasper/snp132/snp132Common.txt.gz, but I should note that these data are rather old now - they were loaded more than 4 years ago. dbSNP (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/SNP/) has released many revisions since that time, and more recent versions of the track are still available from our download server at http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group