Northern Pike genome

Ben Koop

Jun 16, 2015, 5:13:33 PM6/16/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
RE: Inclusion of the Norther Pike genome in UCSC Genome Browser?

The Northern pike genome is now available in GenBank.  This genome is the closest “non genome duplicated" ancestor to 68 species genome duplicated salmonids within Protacanthopterygi.  It belongs to a basal Euteleost branch.  The Assembly is at the chromosomes level  ASM72191v2 and is one of the better fish genome sequences.   It will provide an important reference point for assembly and characterization of upcoming Salmon, Char, trout, whitefish genomes

Ben F Koop

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jun 18, 2015, 1:10:09 PM6/18/15
to Ben Koop, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. We have a browser available for the Northern pike genome on our preview server:
http://genome-preview.cse.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=esoLuc1

Please be aware our preview site contains a lot of experimental and untested data, and may undergo changes before it's released to our public site.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group