Downloading tracks from ftp server

#WONG WEI JIAT#

Feb 13, 2014, 6:00:02 AM2/13/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi UCSC,

I've have problem displaying the snp130Seq track on my local ucsc browser.

I downloaded it as follows:

sudo rsync -avP rsync://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/mysql/hg18/snp130Seq.* /var/lib/mysql/hg18/

Is there any other steps which are needed?

Best,

Ryan

Pauline Fujita

Feb 21, 2014, 3:49:25 PM2/21/14
to #WONG WEI JIAT#, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Ryan,

The table you reference is one of many tables needed to support the
SNP track. If you have all of the relevant tables in place and a copy
of our trackDb table you should expect to see a SNPs (130) track. You
can see the tables associated with a track if you go to the Table
Browser, select the track and look in the tables pulldown.

Hopefully that was helpful. If you have any further questions, please
reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are
archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your
question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to
genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Best regards,

Pauline Fujita
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group