source of DBA2 SNPs and CNVs

Charlotte Hor

Mar 31, 2015, 12:45:06 PM3/31/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC Browser Team,

Is it possible to find out where the SNP, CNV etc data from the DBA2/J mouse strain come from? Is there a publication linked with these data?

Thank you for your awesome resource and best regards,
Charlotte Hor

Jonathan Casper

Apr 6, 2015, 1:17:41 PM4/6/15
to Charlotte Hor, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you for your question about finding the source of the SNP, CNV, and related data that appear in the DBA2/J mouse strain. We do not provide a browser for the DBA2/J strain on our main browser at http://genome.ucsc.edu. We provide tracks that contain SNP data from dbSNP (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/SNP/) for the mm9 and mm10 mouse assemblies (see http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway). Are those the tracks that you refer to? If not, may I ask what is the web address of the browser that you are using?

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group