Chain file

Davide Prandi

Feb 24, 2014, 3:03:41 AM2/24/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear genome browser admin,

I'm working with old data that works with hg16 (Human Build 34) and I
need to covert some recent data from DGV (hg19) to hg16. Could you
please provide the chain from hg19 to hg16 and viceversa?

Best,
Davide

--
Davide Prandi, PhD.
Centre for Integrative Biology (CIBIO), University of Trento (IT)

Luvina Guruvadoo

Feb 24, 2014, 1:19:37 PM2/24/14
to Davide Prandi, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Davide,

The hg16 to hg19 chain file can be found on our download server here:
http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg16/liftOver/hg16ToHg19.over.chain.gz

We do not have a chain file available for hg19 to hg16. However, you may
use the hg19 to hg17, and hg17 to hg16 chain files to convert your data:
http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/liftOver/hg19ToHg17.over.chain.gz
http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg17/liftOver/hg17ToHg16.over.chain.gz

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible
forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead
to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group