bigwig visulization in UCSC broswer problems: ftp server error on cmd and TCP non-blocking connection

Shicheng Guo

Apr 11, 2016, 12:32:57 PM4/11/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using the UCSC genome browser to acces my bigWig dataset(258 bigwig files) stored on a local FTP server(UCSD FTP server). I have received two errors for several of the tracks(half tracks works well while the other would report error as the following):

1) ftp server error on cmd=[] response=[],can't get the data socket.
2) Error in TCP non-blocking connection() 111-connection refused, can't get the data socket..

Can help me to figure out what happened here? and give me some suggestion how to fix these problems?

Thanks.

Shicheng Guo

Shicheng Guo, Ph.D.
Department of Bioengineering
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, PFBH403, La Jolla, CA 92093
Email: sc...@ucsd.edu
Phone: 281-685-5882

Christopher Lee

Apr 14, 2016, 1:15:47 PM4/14/16
to Shicheng Guo, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hi Shicheng,

Thank you for your question about an error while loading custom tracks from your
FTP server. You are seeing this error because you are trying to load too many files
at once, and your FTP server is hitting its connection limit.

If you instead moved the files to an HTTP server, ideally one without limits
on the number of simultaneous connections allowed, you should be able to load
your tracks just fine.

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser.
If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible
forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead
to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--

---