BAC contig maps

Scott Wilson

Dec 4, 2014, 2:57:12 PM12/4/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC,

Do your mouse genome maps include BAC contains?  I am trying to find a BAC that has the MLK3 gene.  Thanks.

Scott

Matthew Speir

Dec 4, 2014, 6:57:17 PM12/4/14
to Scott Wilson, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your question about getting BAC information for the MLK3 gene. We do have BAC End Pair information on the Genome Browser for the mm9 assembly, http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?db=mm9. From that Gateway page, you can search for your MLK3 gene to find it's position within the genome. Please note that in our UCSC Genes track, MLK3 is labelled as Map3k11. Click the only result under the "UCSC Genes" section to navigate to the Genome Browser position for that gene. Then, you will need to turn on the BAC End Pairs track. To do so, find the Bac End Pairs track under the "Mapping and Sequencing" group, select "pack" or "full" from the drop-down below the track name and then click refresh. You should now see a gene track containing the MLK3 gene and another track showing the BAC End Pairs.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group