genome browser

Daria Merkurjev

Feb 3, 2015, 3:45:03 PM2/3/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan
Dear To whom it may concern,

I am wondering whether it is possible to combine all the tracks from two Genome Browser sessions into one session without uploading all the files directly.
Thank you!

Daria Merkurjev.

Jonathan Casper

Feb 4, 2015, 2:02:44 PM2/4/15
to Daria Merkurjev, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan

Hello Daria,

Thank you for your question about combining sessions from the UCSC Genome Browser. We are happy to help you with this, but a bit of clarification would help first. Are you asking how to combine the custom tracks from two sessions into a single view, or are you only interested in combining the display of native UCSC Genome Browser tracks? If you can provide links to the two sessions that you would like to combine, that would help. You can send them to me privately to avoid sharing them with the mailing list.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Daria Merkurjev

Feb 4, 2015, 4:46:01 PM2/4/15
to Jonathan Casper, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan
Hi Jonathan,

I would like to combine custom tracks from two sessions into a single view (not merging two tracks in one session). Is that easy to do or does one have to add some tracks to one
of the sessions and save it?

Daria.

Luvina Guruvadoo

Feb 9, 2015, 3:13:14 PM2/9/15
to Daria Merkurjev, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan
Hello Daria,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to combine custom tracks from two sessions into a single view. We recommend uploading the track again or creating a track hub. More info on track hubs can be found here: http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTrackHubHelp.html

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Enrique Medina-Acosta

Feb 10, 2015, 11:16:17 AM2/10/15
to Luvina Guruvadoo, Daria Merkurjev, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan

Dears,

I hope this workaround is helpful.

One can progressively merge as many saved sessions into a “growing master” session by emailing sharing with yourself the URL link of the session to be added to the said master session and activating the hyperlink of the incoming session, ONLY when viewing the master session (i.e. no other USCSC browsers pages to be open simultaneously). This is possible (I do it as a routine) because the browser remembers the settings of the last open session. Once the merge is completed, one can save it as the “ever growing master”.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Enrique

Prof. Dr. Enrique Medina-Acosta, M.Sc., PhD.
MyCVLattes - CNPq
MyResearcherID (ISI Web of Knowledge)
MyORCID

Senior Associate Professor
Unit Coordinator - Molecular Identification and Diagnostics Unit - NUDIM
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Center for Biosciences and Biotechnology
Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense Darcy Ribeiro - UENF
Avenida Alberto Lamego 2000, Parque Califórnia, CEP 28013-602, Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ, Brazil.
Tel: +55 22 2726 6758 / +55 22 2739 7086

Daria Merkurjev

Feb 10, 2015, 2:12:48 PM2/10/15
to Enrique Medina-Acosta, Luvina Guruvadoo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Bassets, Ivan
Thank you  very much for your help!