Graham Johnson

Apr 10, 2014, 3:07:52 PM4/10/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

When attempting to load a custom track into my account using a bigdataurl window I return the following: Error TCP non-blocking connect() to ***.*.***.*** timed-out in select() after 10000 milliseconds - Cancelling! Couldn't open http://***.*.***.*** /UCSC/GDJ/rmdup.bw.  I've hidden the IP address here. I am able to download this file from other computers using http://***.*.***.*** /UCSC/GDJ/rmdup.bw. So I think our connection is fine.

Can you suggest anything we might try? Thank you for your time and assistance.
Graham

--
Graham D Johnson
Graduate Research Assistant

Phone:         313-577-0765
FAX:               313-577-8554

Pauline Fujita

Apr 11, 2014, 6:01:10 PM4/11/14
to Graham Johnson, UCSC Genome Browser discussion list
Hello Graham,

If the other computers you tried using are inside your corporate or
group firewall, then you might have been able to access the file, but
people outside the firewall would fail.

You might check with your admins to see if this is the issue, and in
the meantime if you'd like to provide the real URL confidentially
off-list (you could email me directly) we could pursue further
investigation from our side.

Best regards,

Pauline Fujita
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group