executing a query that may be excessive?

Jamie Engert

Jun 5, 2015, 11:18:59 AM6/5/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I was going to query for all genes overlapping w/ a 2.5 million SNP list (for humans).

Wasn't sure if that was excessive, so I thought I would ask.

thanks,

jamie

Jamie Engert, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
McGill University Depts. of Medicine & Human Genetics
Division of Cardiology
Royal Victoria Hospital, H7.30
687 Pine Ave. W., Montreal Quebec H3A 1A1
Tel: 514 934 1934 X35325
Fax: 514 843 2843

Matthew Speir

Jun 5, 2015, 2:48:02 PM6/5/15
to Jamie Engert, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your question about executing a potentially large query.
Could you provide more details on what you are trying to do? What is
your input format for these SNPs: rsIDs, positions, or pgSnp/VCF file?
Additionally, which of our tools were you planning on using for this
query, our main site at http://genome.ucsc.edu/, our public MySQL
server, or something else?

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group