Discussion of tools

Andrew Bush

Jun 13, 2016, 11:39:27 AM6/13/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSCC genome expert,

Can we please set up a discussion on how to use some of your tools?  I would be really grateful.

Best regards,
Andrew Bush Ph.D.
Princeton, NJ

Christopher Lee

Jun 16, 2016, 4:07:28 PM6/16/16
to Andrew Bush, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your question about setting up a discussion on how to use the Genome
Browser tools.

If you are new to using the UCSC Genome Browser, I would highly recommend that you take
advantage of the training material that we provide:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html

In particular, I would start with the OpenHelix videos:
http://www.openhelix.com/ucsc

We also have a number of instructional videos on our YouTube channel:
http://bit.ly/genomebrowserYoutube

If you have a specific question about a command-line utility or web tool, this list is the best
place to ask. Please note that you can search our mailing list archives for answers to similar
questions you may have:
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any
further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address
are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you
may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---

Andrew Bush

Jun 16, 2016, 4:51:00 PM6/16/16
to Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.  I will watch those videos but can we please set up a brief teleconference early next week?  I would be very grateful.
Thanks!
Andrew

Cath Tyner

Jun 16, 2016, 5:05:06 PM6/16/16
to Andrew Bush, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hello Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in the UCSC Genome Browser and for inquiring about a possible consultation. We currently do not offer consultations, but we can provide more information for you through our mailing list support. Please let us know if you have specific questions so that we can better assist you.

If you have confidential questions, you can use our confidential email list:
Email
​: ​
genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

​We do provide in-person group trainings for a training fee, depending on availability of our training department. For more information, and to submit a request form, please visit: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

​For information regarding commercial licensing:

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private data help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-annou...@soe.ucsc.edu

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute