Timing for discussions about interest in orienteering

Steven Tylock

Sep 23, 2022, 9:24:29 AM9/23/22
to ClubNet
Hi all,

Guess I have to consider myself a reasonably long time member of ROC at this point...

I'm all for conversations about how to grow the sport at both local and national levels.

I'd like to suggest that the current three-year stretch might not be the most statistically valid period to make any observations about. (and have said such to our local club)

Given the worldwide pandemic, I've suggested a goal of simply returning to a modestly healthy schedule of local events is very reasonable. Year 1 (this one) - regular events, remind everybody that we're here / we have events / and we'd like them to get out in the woods. Year 2 - that's perhaps a time to solidify what was a tenuous year and reach out.

Yes - it's also a good time right now to plan - but let's not put too much worry into seeing lower participation over the last three years.

steve
--
Steven Tylock
sty...@gmail.com