ESMification: in-tree migration completed!

Tooru Fujisawa

Mar 29, 2024, 9:01:14 AMMar 29
to dev-pl...@mozilla.org, Firefox Dev

Hi, everyone!

Thanks to everyone’s efforts and cooperations, the Firefox codebase is now fully ESMified!

https://spidermonkey.dev/areweesmifiedyet/

Thunderbird codebase is also fully ESMified!

https://jfx2006.github.io/thunderbird-ci-docs/areweesmifiedyet/

Now we’re ready to start the out-of-tree migration, which is for privileged Firefox extensions, Thunderbird extensions, and unsandboxed-AutoConfig scripts, which use JSMs, both importing in-tree modules, and also providing their own JSMs.  The JSM loader and the JSM-to-ESM shim layer will be kept during the out-of-tree migration period. We’ll post the documentation for the out-of-tree migration shortly.

Cheers!

--

arai

Dave Townsend

Apr 2, 2024, 4:03:52 AMApr 2
to Tooru Fujisawa, dev-pl...@mozilla.org, Firefox Dev
This is an amazing accomplishment. Thank you to everyone that worked on this project.