Question regarding implementation of devicePubKey extension

vaidehi dabir

Jan 7, 2023, 8:38:41 PM1/7/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev)
Hello all,

The draft of level 3 of webauthn gives details about devicePubKey extension. I have also read on few websites about this extension support on android devices. But the draft mentions not ready for implementation and ask editors before implementing the spec. So my question is, can I start the implementation?

Regards,
Vaidehi Dabir

Adam Langley

Jan 8, 2023, 8:14:39 PM1/8/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), vaideh...@gmail.com
On Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 5:38:41 PM UTC-8 vaideh...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello all,

The draft of level 3 of webauthn gives details about devicePubKey extension. I have also read on few websites about this extension support on android devices. But the draft mentions not ready for implementation and ask editors before implementing the spec. So my question is, can I start the implementation?

The implementation in Chromium is behind chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-platform-features. Also, the spec may well change soon: https://github.com/w3c/webauthn/issues/1817#issuecomment-1353404958

Cheers

AGL

Josh

Jan 23, 2023, 10:59:24 AM1/23/23
to FIDO Dev (fido-dev), alan...@gmail.com, vaideh...@gmail.com
Is there a rough implementation timeline anywhere of the roadmap for devicePubKey extension?

Thanks,
Josh

Tim Cappalli

Jan 23, 2023, 11:01:36 AM1/23/23