For those running Ubuntu on CR-48

Rich

Jan 21, 2011, 11:55:36 PM1/21/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Latest update to dev channel Chrome OS has a newer kernel. Following
the update, if you copy the module files and update the kernel in /dev/
sda6 , the synaptic drivers work! Multitouch is a little screwy, but
side scrolling works, and two button right click works.

Matt Richards

Jan 22, 2011, 12:45:41 PM1/22/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Thanks for the tip, I plan to reinstall Ubuntu a bit later today.
Needed to reload the stock image to test something else the other day and lost Ubuntu.

--Matt
Message has been deleted

Rik

Jan 22, 2011, 9:12:45 PM1/22/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Can someone explain how to do this with a little more detail?

Thanks.
Message has been deleted

Rik

Jan 25, 2011, 12:07:35 AM1/25/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Thanks. I already have ubuntu installed. Is it necessary for me to
reinstall it to get the touchpad working?

On Jan 23, 8:48 pm, John <mcd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure there's a more straightforward way to do it, but here's how I
> got this working:
>
> 1. Reset my CR-48 to factory settings using the instructions here:http://www.google.com/support/chromeos/bin/answer.py?answer=1046510
> 2. Set the switch under the battery to Developer Mode using this
> instructions here:http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-...
> 3. Booted into ChromeOS and went to chrome://settings/about  clicked
> 'More Info' to select the Developer Channel and updated to the latest
> ChromeOS developer version (0.10.146.1)
> 4. Installed Ubuntu 10.10 using the handy script described here:http://chromeos-cr48.blogspot.com/2010/12/easy-way-to-install-ubuntu-...
>
> When booting into Ubuntu you should now see the Touchpad tab under
> System -> Preferences -> Mouse
> Initially I only had side scrolling working correctly but after
> installing regular system updates and rebooting a couple times I have:
> - Two-finger scroll
> - Two-finger tap right click
>
> So happy to finally have two-finger scrolling in Ubuntu.

Matt Richards

Jan 25, 2011, 12:25:17 AM1/25/11
to Chromium OS discuss
only need to upgrade the KERN-C Partition with the latest kernel release from the cros developer channel and update the modules.

--Matt

jrupac

Jan 29, 2011, 12:09:02 AM1/29/11
to Chromium OS discuss
Probably noob question here:

How would I go about upgrading the KERN-C partition and the modules? I
too have Ubuntu installed which I did before switching to the dev
channel (which I have done now - got an update and rebooted Chrome
OS).

In addition would simply running the the auto-install script and
installing Ubuntu again make things work?

Thanks.

Rich

Jan 31, 2011, 4:33:47 PM1/31/11
to Chromium OS discuss
If you dd the active partition to KERN-C and then make_install using
the same kernel parameters as specified in the Google documentation,
everything should work. Basically follow the instructions on the
documentation proceeding the mounting of the Ubuntu partition to /tmp/
urfs.