How to start screensaver

radhika

Sep 8, 2010, 4:01:43 PM9/8/10
to Chromium OS discuss
Hi,

How do I enable screensaver? Can I change the time to display
screensaver?

Thanks,
Radhika

Steve Pirk

Sep 8, 2010, 5:25:57 PM9/8/10
to rad...@codeaurora.org, Chromium OS discuss
I am not sure there is a screensaver function yet. I will look for it. I have seen that the screen blanks completely at around 5 minutes of inactivity.

--steve
steve pirk
yensid - an open source company - bremerton, wa usa
google profile: pirk.com
"father... the sleeper has awakened..." paul atreides - dune

Benson Leung

Sep 9, 2010, 5:09:14 PM9/9/10
to pirk...@gmail.com, rad...@codeaurora.org, Chromium OS discuss
<resending. sorry forgot to switch to chromium account>

Screensaver functionality is coming soon to Chromium OS. Right now, Chromium OS has a custom screen lock that comes on after 10 minutes of inactivity, or if you have suspended the device by closing the lid. You can also bring up the lock screen with a key command : ctl-alt-L

This screen locker will be the basis of the new screensaver.

The screen does blank after 8 minutes on AC power, or 3 minutes on Battery power. Also, note that the screenlocker depends very much on power manager (powerd) being functional as they closely handshake on many operations. If your platform does not have a functional powerd, screenlock may be broken as well.

Benson
--
Benson Leung
Software Engineer, Chrom* OS

Trevor Bourget

Sep 15, 2010, 12:37:50 PM9/15/10
to Chromium OS discuss
startup is still very spotty with chrome browser starting in upper left
corner first, then being repositioned when window manager runs. also,
compositing has to be in use for the login window because of all the
windows.
is it possible to have the login screen be an html5 page so that the
browser could start full screen, before window manager?
-- trevor

Chris Masone

Sep 16, 2010, 1:28:07 AM9/16/10
to tbou...@codeaurora.org, Chromium OS discuss
On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Trevor Bourget <tbou...@codeaurora.org> wrote:
startup is still very spotty with chrome browser starting in upper left corner first, then being repositioned when window manager runs. also, compositing has to be in use for the login window because of all the windows.
is it possible to have the login screen be an html5 page so that the browser could start full screen, before window manager?

Work on this is already underway, but it won't happen before the end of the year; other stuff is higher priority right now, and there are some technical hurdles.

-- trevor

DaveD

Sep 17, 2010, 2:38:37 PM9/17/10
to Chromium OS discuss
Thanks,
What file can I edit to change the default setting form 10 minutes to
60?

On Sep 9, 2:09 pm, Benson Leung <ble...@chromium.org> wrote:
>...Chromium
> OS has a custom screen lock that comes on after 10 minutes of inactivity...

Benson Leung

Sep 17, 2010, 9:09:05 PM9/17/10
to ddew...@gmail.com, Chromium OS discuss
/var/lib/power_manager/lock_ms.

Create the file if it's not already there to override the default. By default it is 600000. Change to 3600000 to change to 1 hour.

Benson