image_to_vm.sh cannot build VM image

Calvin

Jul 29, 2010, 12:36:47 AM7/29/10
to Chromium OS dev
Error

qemu-img command not found

I check the image_to_vm.sh script, it is calling qemu-img to convert
to vmware image from raw.

but I cannot find qemu-img inside chroot environment.

I try to emerge qemu , but it so error cannot compile qemu by gcc-4
(it require gcc-3).....

How I can make vmware image?

Matt Richards

Jul 29, 2010, 12:45:38 AM7/29/10
to Calvin, Chromium OS dev
emerging just "qemu" pulls an older version of qemu and ebuild that throws gcc errors. I did the following:

sudo emerge app-emulation/qemu-softmmu

and this pulled a newer version qemu and ebuild that does not have gcc problems.

--Matt

Calvin

Jul 29, 2010, 1:40:33 AM7/29/10
to Chromium OS dev
Thank you very much...it works!

On Jul 29, 1:45 pm, Matt Richards <mricha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> emerging just "qemu" pulls an older version of qemu and ebuild that throws
> gcc errors. I did the following:
>
> sudo emerge app-emulation/qemu-softmmu
>
> and this pulled a newer version qemu and ebuild that does not have gcc
> problems.
>

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Calvin <calvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Error
>
> > qemu-img command not found
>
> > I check the image_to_vm.sh script, it is calling qemu-img to convert
> > to vmware image from raw.
>
> > but I cannot find qemu-img inside chroot environment.
>
> > I try to emerge qemu , but it so error cannot compile qemu by gcc-4
> > (it require gcc-3).....
>
> > How I can make vmware image?
>
> > --
This conversation is locked