Browser-independent notifications?

Andrex

Dec 16, 2010, 4:39:02 AM12/16/10
to Chromium HTML5
It kind of bothers me I have to use webkitNotifications to show
desktop notifications. I've heard chatter both ways about it being
dropped or supported in HTML5, but I was wondering if anything browser-
independent had simplified, or if things haven't when can I expect
them to?

Peter Beverloo

Dec 16, 2010, 4:43:37 AM12/16/10
to Andrex, Chromium HTML5
> --

There is no standardized way yet. There is a W3C Working Group which
aims to produce an interoperable API, the Web Notification WG[1], who
has been working on a proposal. Mind that it's far from finished and
not supported by any browser so far.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/

Kind regards,
Peter Beverloo