extension socket

Gamal Shaban

Mar 20, 2011, 4:10:29 AM3/20/11
to Chromium-extensions
Hello, can anyone help me, i want to make a chat extension but i
cannot make a socket in javascript, is there anything i can do with
chrome apis help me to listen to any port ?

PhistucK

Mar 20, 2011, 5:07:24 AM3/20/11
to Gamal Shaban, Chromium-extensions
You can use WebSocket (Google it).
Note, however, that Chrome does not support the latest revision of the protocol. Support for the latest revision is planned to be implemented soon and will be available on the dev channel.

PhistucK

Arne Roomann-Kurrik

Mar 21, 2011, 6:45:16 PM3/21/11
to PhistucK, Gamal Shaban, Chromium-extensions
Note that websockets won't let you listen to an arbitrary port or open regular sockets (to write an FTP client or such).  Unfortunately there's no current mechanism to do this without resorting to NPAPI.

~Arne