[crx] XUL-type access, anonymous content

blindmurray

May 12, 2010, 7:12:27ā€ÆPM5/12/10
to Chromium-extensions
Using XUL in FireFox I can build an extension to place a transparent
draggable widget over a webpage that is not visible to the webpage
(but is visible to the user).

I can also use Mozilla's 'anonymous content' and XBL bindings to add
markup to a webpage and make a movable transparent widget that is not
visible to the webpage itself - for example javascript and
getelementxxx() DOM methods will not see my markup and so will not
return an element.

Any way to do this using chrome extensions?

PhistucK

May 18, 2010, 1:38:42ā€ÆAM5/18/10
to blindmurray, Chromium-extensions
There is an experimental popup API, but it is not supported in Chrome 4.1 or in the upcoming Chrome 5 (or in the extension gallery).
This file -
Should help you figure out how to use that API, it has all of the extension APIs.

Note that experimental APIs need the "experimental" permission and may break or disappear at any dev release. More info here -

ā˜†PhistucK

blindMurray

May 18, 2010, 12:45:35ā€ÆPM5/18/10
to PhistucK, blindmurray, Chromium-extensions

PhistucK - Excellent ā€“ many thanks ā€“ will check these out - blindM.

blindMurray

May 18, 2010, 8:36:35ā€ÆPM5/18/10
to MMOBILE01, PhistucK, Chromium-extensions

PhistucK ā€“ my bad ā€“ theyā€™re all in there in my local repos, Iā€™ll just use the doc to play ā€“ sorry and nevermind last email ā€“ blind (not actually but seems like it sometimesā€¦)