[crx] Google Analytics crashes extensions on Mac and Debian

Pierre-Louis

May 18, 2010, 3:54:33 AM5/18/10
to Chromium-extensions
Hi,

I have trouble with google analytics in my extension on Mac OS and on
Debian.
I know that there is already a topic about this problem (http://
groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-extensions/
browse_thread/thread/a9c4129d5e66b9b/ae018ec8a17215e6?
lnk=gst&q=analytics#ae018ec8a17215e6)
but it seems that no solution or workaround has been found for now.

Early, I was thinking that this was the way I use GA that causes the
problem but when I try the sample provided by google in the tutorial
(http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/tut_analytics.html), it does
not work either.
The sample is here :
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/common/extensions/docs/examples/tutorials/analytics/
I tried all the different ways to include GA but none works.

You can try it on Debian if you don't have access to a Mac OS, the
symptoms are the same.
I installed the same google chrome package on Debian and on Ubuntu and
it works on Ubuntu but not on Debian, weird...

The symptoms are the following : when the extension loads, it's memory
increase for about 50Mo per second and crashes when there is no memory
left.

If any of you have already found a workaround for this problem, I
would be glad to know it.
For now, I disabled GA from my extension.

Thanks