[chromium-discuss] Segmentation fault

Luis Martín Canaval Sánchez

May 9, 2010, 1:08:32 AM5/9/10
to Chromium-discuss
I am getting an error, Chrome just suddently closses, no oops windows just a complete proccess kill, when I select a file (Especially images) in the Open File Dialog, when trying to upload a file in Gmail and some most websites. Curiously it doesnt happen when uploading a file to insert into a presentation in Google docs.

For now to upload attachments in Gmail I am using the super awesome drag and drop feature, but I still need to upload files to soem other sides sometimes.

So anybody can point me in some direction to find some info about this?
I already googled a bit about this but no luck yet.

The error I get when I run chrome in a console is a simple "segmentation fault"
I run it on Archlinux 64. I just updated it to 5.0.396.0 dev but the previous version (I don't remember the exact number) had the same problem, I was hoping for this to be fixed with this release but that has not happened yet.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or help.

--
Ing. Luis Martín Canaval Sánchez
Keep it small and simple.