latest build

igal epshtein

Sep 12, 2011, 7:57:16 AM9/12/11
to Chromium-discuss
I've noticed that you stopped to post your builds, the last one was
with revision #100430, and it was published on 09-Sep-2011 11:40
since then there are no new builds...

any reason for that ?

thanks

p.s
the link I'm using is :
http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

PhistucK

Sep 12, 2011, 8:09:22 AM9/12/11
to igal.e...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss

yoho

Sep 12, 2011, 8:40:05 AM9/12/11
to Chromium-discuss
great thanks,is this the official link up there?

On 9月12日, 上午8时09分, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this one -http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/in...
> ☆*PhistucK*
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 14:57, igal epshtein <igal.epsht...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I've noticed that you stopped to post your builds, the last one was
> > with revision #100430, and it was published on 09-Sep-2011 11:40
> > since then there are no new builds...
>
> > any reason for that ?
>
> > thanks
>
> > p.s
> > the link I'm using is :
> >http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

igal epshtein

Sep 12, 2011, 9:08:16 AM9/12/11
to Chromium-discuss
i've already seen this one
the issue is i've automation which is running on the previous
(original link)
i was wondering what is the reason for the stop of the build posting ?

On Sep 12, 3:09 pm, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this one -http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/in...
> ☆*PhistucK*
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 14:57, igal epshtein <igal.epsht...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I've noticed that you stopped to post your builds, the last one was
> > with revision #100430, and it was published on 09-Sep-2011 11:40
> > since then there are no new builds...
>
> > any reason for that ?
>
> > thanks
>
> > p.s
> > the link I'm using is :
> >http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

dhw

Sep 12, 2011, 10:49:05 AM9/12/11
to Chromium-discuss, igal epshtein
Could you provide more details about what "automation" processes still
use the old link?

We would certainly like to know if there are any proper and required
Chromium project processes using the old link and will correct them as
necessary.

igal epshtein

Sep 12, 2011, 11:06:45 AM9/12/11
to Chromium-discuss
i doing some university project where i'm downloading new chromium ver
once in a two week +/-
today i did some maintenance in my project, and i saw that it didn't
download latest chromium revision, after short check in the trunk page
I've found that it wasn't updated since last Friday :(
any reason for that ?

thanks

On Sep 12, 5:49 pm, dhw <d...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Could you provide more details about what "automation" processes still
> use the old link?
>
> We would certainly like to know if there are any proper and required
> Chromium project processes using the old link and will correct them as
> necessary.

PhistucK

Sep 13, 2011, 2:34:52 AM9/13/11
to igal.e...@gmail.com, Nicolas Sylvain, Marc-Antoine Ruel, Chromium-discuss
I believe the new (commondatastorage...) link is the official link. If no one contradict this within a few days - change your process.

PhistucK

igal epshtein

Sep 13, 2011, 6:23:54 AM9/13/11
to Chromium-discuss
it does seems like an official link,
but i'm still wondering where did the previous link go to ?

On Sep 13, 9:34 am, PhistucK <phist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the new (commondatastorage...) link is the official link. If no
> one contradict this within a few days - change your process.
>
> ☆*PhistucK*

Marc-Antoine Ruel

Sep 13, 2011, 9:24:26 AM9/13/11
to igal.e...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
These are not official builds so in any case there is no such thing as an "official link".

M-A

igal epshtein

Sep 13, 2011, 9:35:15 AM9/13/11
to Marc-Antoine Ruel, Chromium-discuss
ok,
then where those "non official builds" went to ?
--
Igal Epshtein

--------------------------------------
come to visit my gallery
http://igalep132.photolight.co.il/

Marc-Antoine Ruel

Sep 13, 2011, 9:39:11 AM9/13/11
to igal epshtein, Chromium-discuss
Your question was already answered.

If you are doing any kind of performance measurement, you should seriously consider building in 'official' mode instead of 'release' configuration. These are not available pre-built AFAIK.

M-A

igal epshtein

Sep 13, 2011, 9:43:45 AM9/13/11
to Marc-Antoine Ruel, Chromium-discuss
i sorry, but i didnt understand your answer....

up untill now (4 days ago) i've been using this link :
http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

but since last Friday it seems that all chromium snapshots have moved to different place, and i'm wondering why is that ?

thanks

PhistucK

Sep 13, 2011, 9:57:02 AM9/13/11
to maruel...@google.com, igal.e...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
I meant that this is the official project link for unofficial snapshots.
Since the first one was build.chromium.org/snapshots (if I am not mistaking) and then it was changed, what is the URL on which people should rely (until the next change)?

What is the (current) final resting URL of the Chromium snapshots? What link should we post for those who need it?

Come on. You know exactly what we mean here...

PhistucK

Nicolas Sylvain

Sep 13, 2011, 1:51:07 PM9/13/11
to igal.e...@gmail.com, Marc-Antoine Ruel, Chromium-discuss

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Marc-Antoine Ruel <mar...@chromium.org> wrote:
Your question was already answered.

If you are doing any kind of performance measurement, you should seriously consider building in 'official' mode instead of 'release' configuration. These are not available pre-built AFAIK.

Short answer: We ran out of disk space on build.chromium.org, so we decided to use google storage for this, hence the new url.

But seriously, don't use those snapshots.  Even the builds that failed all the tests will end up there, and will probably end up breaking your machine badly. This is supposed to be used for debugging only. It's why we dont advertise them.. or care if the link changes.

Chrome Canary is much better (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/chromesxs), it auto updates really often.

if you need chromium builds, then at least use the continuous builds. Those builds might still be broken, but at least they passed our automated tests. http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html

Nicolas

igal epshtein

Sep 13, 2011, 2:31:12 PM9/13/11
to Chromium-discuss
Thanks for the answer...

you said "hence the new url" but didn't really provide any :), could
you provide a new url ?

regarding the chrome canary channel, i want some trunk in order to
download from there automatically and through UI

I've already saw the "continues" link and i'm wondering , what are the
differences between the "chromium-browser-continuous" to "chromium-
browser-snapshots"

and last but not least, I've being using previous snapshot link, at
least twice a week for almost 5 months, and I haven't seen broken
build so far !!

On Sep 13, 8:51 pm, Nicolas Sylvain <nsylv...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:43 AM, igal epshtein <igal.epsht...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > i sorry, but i didnt understand your answer....
>
> > up untill now (4 days ago) i've been using this link :
> >http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/
>
> > but since last Friday it seems that all chromium snapshots have moved to
> > different place, and i'm wondering why is that ?
>
> > thanks
>
> > On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Marc-Antoine Ruel <mar...@chromium.org>wrote:
>
> >> Your question was already answered.
>
> >> If you are doing any kind of performance measurement, you should seriously
> >> consider building in 'official' mode instead of 'release' configuration.
> >> These are not available pre-built AFAIK.
>
> Short answer: We ran out of disk space on build.chromium.org, so we decided
> to use google storage for this, hence the new url.
>
> But seriously, don't use those snapshots.  Even the builds that failed all
> the tests will end up there, and will probably end up breaking your machine
> badly. This is supposed to be used for debugging only. It's why we dont
> advertise them.. or care if the link changes.
>
> Chrome Canary is much better (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/chromesxs), it
> auto updates really often.
>
> if you need chromium builds, then at least use the continuous builds. Those
> builds might still be broken, but at least they passed our automated tests.http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/i...
>
> Nicolas
>

> >> M-A
>
> >> Le 13 septembre 2011 09:35, igal epshtein <igal.epsht...@gmail.com> a
> >> écrit :
>
> >> ok,

> > --
> > Igal Epshtein
>
> > --------------------------------------
> > come to visit my gallery
> >http://igalep132.photolight.co.il/

igal epshtein

PhistucK

Sep 13, 2011, 2:40:19 PM9/13/11
to igal.e...@gmail.com, Nicolas Sylvain, Marc-Antoine Ruel, Chromium-discuss
See my answers inline.

PhistucK

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 21:34, igal epshtein <igal.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the answer...

you said "hence the new url" but didn't really provide any :), could you provide a new url ?
The one I mentioned is the one to which Nico referred.

regarding the chrome canary channel, i want some trunk in order to download from there automatically and through UI

Any Google Chrome channel (stable, beta, dev, canary) is updated automatically, without any user interaction.
No user interface is showing up for that.
I've already saw the "continues" link and i'm wondering , what are the differences between the "chromium-browser-continuous" to "chromium-browser-snapshots"
The continuous build is the a snapshot that successfully passed through all (or most?) of the automated tests.

and last but not least, I've being using previous snapshot link, at least twice a week for almost 5 months, and I haven't seen broken build so far !!
You were lucky.
The first snapshot build of Chromium (0.0.2X.X... from September, 2008 or a little before) I ever downloaded did not even start up.

kmand

Sep 14, 2011, 8:28:57 AM9/14/11
to Chromium-discuss
I'm on Linux and have been using

http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu natty

what has it changed to?

PhistucK

Sep 14, 2011, 8:33:35 AM9/14/11
to k...@mathcs.emory.edu, Chromium-discuss
This is out of the control of the Chrome team, talk to the author/owner of that website/distribution.

PhistucK

Stephen

Sep 16, 2011, 10:48:46 PM9/16/11
to k...@mathcs.emory.edu, Chromium-discuss
Yeah it has been updated in at least a week. Perhaps the Ubuntu Chromium developer is on vacation.

Stephen Moretti

Sep 18, 2011, 3:33:07 PM9/18/11
to Chromium-discuss
I notice that the PPA got a new owner on the 6th of September.
(https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily)

I've just pinged him an email to point him to the new CI build
location. Hopefully, someone will update the PPA to pick up from the
new location.

Missing my fix of chromium nightly builds ;)

Stephen

On Sep 17, 3:48 am, Stephen <stephen.d.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah it has been updated in at least a week. Perhaps the Ubuntu Chromium
> developer is on vacation.
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:28 AM, kmand <k...@mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
> > I'm on Linux and have been using
>
> >http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntunatty
>
> > what has it changed to?

mbirth

Oct 13, 2011, 6:15:50 AM10/13/11
to Chromium-discuss
On Sep 18, 9:33 pm, Stephen Moretti <stephen.more...@gmail.com>
wrote:> I've just pinged him an email to point him to the new CIbuild>
location.  Hopefully, someone will update the PPA to pick up from the>
new location.
Are there any news on this?

My Chromium is still on 15.0.871.0 (Developer Build 99583 Linux)
Ubuntu 11.10.

-mARKUS

Stephen

Oct 13, 2011, 8:00:26 AM10/13/11
to mbi...@gmail.com, Chromium-discuss
Nope -- There was some jumbled response on the Launchpad PPA list as I had e-mailed. Something about the previous Builder leaving the project and that the remaining members were trying to do get something out. That was over a week ago. This morning I fired off another e-mail to the named leader of the PPA. We'll see what happens.

Seems poorly managed in terms of the Public front. The PPA I had been using was

PhistucK

Jan 19, 2012, 1:38:02 AM1/19/12
to igal epshtein, Chromium-discuss
Unfortunately, this means that the tree was red (committed change lists caused tests to fail).

PhistucK

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 23:23, igal epshtein <igal.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
lately I see that continues builds published once in several days, and not few per day

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM, PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Snapshots are regularly compiled Chromium builds. There are no guarantees that these builds have passed any single automated test (meaning, sometimes even a hundred builds per day).
Continuous builds are compiled Chromium builds, that have passes most (or all) of the automated tests (meaning, a few builds per day).

PhistucK

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 15:09, igal epshtein <igal.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
weakling this issue once again :)

i got lost with chromium builds trunk location

i familiar with two different links:

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/Win

and

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?path=Win/

the question is what is the difference between those 2 ?

thanks