No more vertical / side tabs in 16.0.904.0 dev-m

PbX

Oct 11, 2011, 4:12:09 AM10/11/11
to Chromium-discuss
Damn ! according to
side tabs no longer work
in the 16.0.904.0 dev-m release.

Is it final? Are there fundamental reasons that make that feature not
anymore active in the latest build? I'd like to know since it's
something I'm very accustomed to and the
looks grim...

mhamann

Oct 11, 2011, 10:13:24 AM10/11/11
to Chromium-discuss
I've been wondering the same thing. I don't much like the "normal"
tabs after using side-tabs for so long. They really need to get this
feature added back in. I will say though, that the side tabs were
never polished as well as the rest of the browser, so that would end
up needing some work too if it's ever going to make mainstream.

But Google, please add side tabs back!!!

On Oct 11, 4:12 am, PbX <pbytbubb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Damn ! according tohttp://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=31763

PAEz

Oct 13, 2011, 1:20:29 PM10/13/11
to Chromium-discuss
I had forgotten just how bad it was before side tabs...its feakn
awful!
Once the tabs get so small the icons disappear its next to useless,
you cant tell what anything is and you cant tell if things are still
to see what each tab is (slow and utterly frustrating).
Please bring back side tabs until you have something that actually
works, they may have been half baked but they worked a hell of alot
better than what you've got now.