high-resolution microsecond timer

action_owl

Jun 22, 2011, 10:01:10 AM6/22/11
to Chromium-discuss
"When run with the --enable-benchmarking flag, Chrome and Chromium
expose a chrome.Interval method, which can be used as a high-
resolution microsecond timer."
-- http://calendar.perfplanet.com/2010/bulletproof-javascript-benchmarks/

The quote above is from a javascript benchmarking guide, when running
chrome with the flag, I cannot access a "chrome.interval" method and I
can't seem to find information about any such method. Is there some
high-resolution timer I can use within javascript to time XHR
requests? It would be most ideal to tap into the data provided in the
Network Transfers tab (from within a webworker) if that is at all
possible.