garden-o-matic does nothing?

Elliot Poger

Nov 15, 2011, 3:09:03 PM11/15/11
to Chromium-dev
I'm trying to run garden-o-matic for the first time, using the directions at http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/webkit-gardening .  (I want to see if I can use it for rebaselining some of my own tests.)

I am running on a Mac... I have a clean webkit tree at r100298 , and have run the following command:

~/src/webkit/garden-o-matic/WebKit$ ./Tools/Scripts/webkit-patch garden-o-matic
This command runs a local HTTP server that changes your working copy
based on the actions you take in the web-based UI.
Local HTTP server started.

...and then nothing happens, except that my already-open browser is redirected to a blank page, file:///Users/epoger/src/webkit/garden-o-matic/WebKit/Tools/BuildSlaveSupport/build.webkit.org-config/public_html/TestFailures/garden-o-matic.html  (viewing the source indicates that there is a bunch of javascript on the page, but it renders nothing)

Is there some magic step I need to run before I can run garden-o-matic?

Adam Barth

Nov 15, 2011, 4:18:27 PM11/15/11
to epo...@google.com, Chromium-dev
Are you using an old version of Chrome (e.g., stable)? You'll need to
use the beta channel or newer because we're using some cutting-edge
platform features.

Adam

Elliot Poger

Nov 15, 2011, 4:24:53 PM11/15/11
to Adam Barth, Chromium-dev
Yup, that makes a big difference.  I have added the following note to the documentation:

NOTE: You will need to bring up Garden-O-Matic's web-based UI in a beta-channel-or-newer version of Chrome, because it uses some cutting-edge platform features.

Thanks!

-Elliot

Adam Barth

Nov 15, 2011, 4:29:18 PM11/15/11