name 'ffmpeg_asm_lib' is not defined (again!)

Apostolos

Nov 7, 2010, 3:16:43 PM11/7/10
to Chromium-dev
Hello,

I am trying to build Chrome on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana. My first
problem is that "configuration" stops with
the following message:

NameError: name 'ffmpeg_asm_lib' is not defined while evaluating
condition 'ffmpeg_asm_lib==1' in third_party/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.gyp

Now the thing is that I can compile the patched-ffmpeg-mt tree with no
problem while it is assumed
ffmpeg cannot be compiled on OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana. So my question
is how can I solve this problem?

Regards,

Apostolos

Evan Martin

Nov 7, 2010, 10:48:33 PM11/7/10
to ijdt....@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
We don't have a working build on Solaris. A contributor played around
with it a bit but they didn't finish. If you would debug and fix
these problems I'd be happy to commit your patches. :)

Apostolos Syropoulos

Nov 8, 2010, 2:13:25 AM11/8/10
to Chromium-dev

2010/11/8 Evan Martin <ev...@chromium.org>

We don't have a working build on Solaris.  A contributor played around
with it a bit but they didn't finish.  If you would debug and fix
these problems I'd be happy to commit your patches.  :)

You don't have a working build of ffmpeg on Solaris? I have built it even
with Sun cc! The only problem is the configure script. It uses awk and
sed when in fact it uses GNU awk and GNU sed. So can I patch
configure, but I have no idea how to patch the Python files. In addition,
one needs to create a Solaris configuration file which should be almost
identical to the Linux one.

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos