NaCl IRT broken for tarballs

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Aug 3, 2011, 5:01:20 PM8/3/11
to chromium-dev
What's going on with the NaCl IRT "dynamic" download? Seems like it keeps failing for the generated tarballs, i.e. http://build.chromium.org/official/chromium-14.0.835.15.log

Mark Seaborn

Aug 3, 2011, 5:25:13 PM8/3/11
to phajd...@chromium.org, chromium-dev, Bradley Nelson, Noel Allen
On 3 August 2011 14:01, Paweł Hajdan, Jr. <phajd...@chromium.org> wrote:
What's going on with the NaCl IRT "dynamic" download? Seems like it keeps failing for the generated tarballs, i.e. http://build.chromium.org/official/chromium-14.0.835.15.log

Hmm.  The output is:

Checked out revision 971.Downloading 'http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/nativeclient-archive2/irt/r6268/irt_x86_32.nexe' to 'src/native_client/irt_binaries/nacl_irt_x86_32.nexe'
Failed to download NaCl integrated runtime files.
The NaCl-enabled build will fail. You can pass -Ddisable_nacl=1
to gyp as a workaround. For more info see
http://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/group/chromium-dev/browse_thread/thread/1fe6e2c3f9e78c2b

I'd expect to see a Python traceback if download_nacl_irt.py failed.  Is stderr getting redirected, perhaps?

r6268 is not a revision that will have ever been manually committed to DEPS in trunk.  This is a commit on a branch of NaCl, and I expect the tarball is being generated for a branch of Chromium.  The download script will be getting a 404 error here.

I think the Chromium branch needs to be updated to download the IRT library from the right branch of NaCl.

Cheers,
Mark

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Aug 4, 2011, 12:55:36 PM8/4/11
to Mark Seaborn, chromium-dev, Bradley Nelson, Noel Allen
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 14:25, Mark Seaborn <msea...@chromium.org> wrote:
I'd expect to see a Python traceback if download_nacl_irt.py failed.  Is stderr getting redirected, perhaps?

This is just using Python's subprocess.call, see src/tools/export_tarball/export_tarball.py

I think the Chromium branch needs to be updated to download the IRT library from the right branch of NaCl.

Have you updated relevant release docs with info how to deal with the IRT for the release branches? I wouldn't like the situation to repeat for milestone 15, and it seems that NaCl is going to be more and more popular, so it's important that it works.