Just landed: CEEE - Chrome Extensions Execution Environment

Jói Sigurðsson

Nov 1, 2010, 10:27:23 PM11/1/10
to Chromium-dev
Hi folks,

I’m excited to say that we’ve just committed a nice big chunk of code
known as CEEE to the repository
(http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=64712).
Contributors to this code are {mad, siggi, rogerta, joi, ericdingle,
cindylau, twiz, alekseys}@chromium.org and {jeffbailey, yzshen, hansl,
stevet, ibazarny, akoub, motek, skare, zengjian}@google.com.

CEEE is an acronym for Chrome Extensions Execution Environment. It’s
an optional feature of Chrome Frame that acts as an adapter layer for
a subset of the Chrome Extension APIs. This enables extensions that
stick to the supported subset of APIs to work in the context of Chrome
Frame with minimal or sometimes no changes.

See http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/ceee for an
overview of the design of CEEE.

We have a lot of work still to do, but we wanted to share this with
the rest of the Chromium developer community to start getting your
feedback and contributions.

Many folks have helped us along the way and deserve great thanks.
Thank you {aa, amit, ananta, erikkay, jochen, laforge, mal, maruel,
mpcomplete, nsylvain, rafaelw, robertshield, sanjeevr, slightlyoff,
stoyan, tommi}@chromium.org and everyone else I might be forgetting -
you know who you are.

On behalf of the Chrome Frame/CEEE team, and hoping that our team
mascot, the all-knowing and all-powerful Ossum the Possum, continues
to guide and protect us,

Cheers,
Jói

P.S. Note that you won't see CEEE actually getting built until change
http://codereview.chromium.org/4287001/show which integrates it into
the top-level .gyp files lands, hopefully later tonight.

Alex Russell

Nov 2, 2010, 1:40:13 AM11/2/10
to j...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev
Congrats!