Unused library third_party/libsrtp

Mike Gilbert

May 10, 2011, 11:32:50 AM5/10/11
to chromi...@chromium.org
I was attempting to add a "use_system_libsrtp" option for this
library, when I made an interesting discovery: it isn't actually used
anywhere in the project!

There are some dependency references in src/remoting/remoting.gyp, but
none of the source files actually call any srtp functions or make use
of srtp headers.

The only source code I found that actually uses srtp is under
third_party/libjingle. However, libjingle.gyp doesn't actually build
the source files that make use of srtp functions.

Would it be ok to remove the dependencies from remoting.gyp? I have
tried this locally and it doesn't seem to break anything.

Are there some future plans to make use of this library? If not, can
it be removed from src/DEPS?

Would someone like to be on the reviewers list for any patches?

Evan Stade

May 10, 2011, 1:39:29 PM5/10/11
to floppy...@gmail.com, Sergey Ulanov, chromi...@chromium.org
+sergeyu

-- Evan Stade

Sergey Ulanov

May 10, 2011, 4:11:48 PM5/10/11
to Evan Stade, floppy...@gmail.com, chromi...@chromium.org
We were planning to use this library for remoting, but never actually used it, and we will not need it anytime soon, so it's safe to remove it now. It might be needed in the future for RTC APIs, but it will be easy to put it back if necessary.

Mike Gilbert

May 11, 2011, 2:15:09 PM5/11/11
to Sergey Ulanov, Evan Stade, chromi...@chromium.org
Cool. I uploaded a patch last night.