Working towards 8.0 Beta

Jason Kersey

Oct 20, 2010, 5:35:36 PM10/20/10
to chromi...@chromium.org
As part of our goal to make the 6 week release cycle feasible, we are working to keep developers time spent on each release branch as short as possible.  This allows for more feature and bug work on the trunk, and more coverage of the trunk with dev channels.  To achieve this, I'm working to shorten the beta cycle for this release as much as possible.  To do that means two things, less focus on non-blocker bugs, and (hopefully) quicker resolution of blocker bugs.  Please take a look today at the release block list - http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list?q=ReleaseBlock%3DBeta - and see if you have any bugs, and update them on their status if you do.  We are aiming to get our first beta candidate in hand by the end of the week, and fixing this list of bugs is what blocks us from that.  Thanks for your help!

jason