Apps no longer on New Tab

Gestalt

Jul 3, 2010, 12:15:54 AM7/3/10
to Chromium Apps
I just upgraded to 6.0.453.1 and I cannot see apps on the New Tab.
The apps were visible on the New Tab prior to upgrading to 6.0.447.0.
I am using the --enable-apps command with no luck. Apps that were
pinned prior to the update to 6.0.447.0 are still pinned and running.

Is anyone able to see apps on the New Tab while running 447 or 453?

Andy Lawton!

Jul 3, 2010, 7:56:46 AM7/3/10
to Chromium Apps
The manifest files need to change for the latest versions of chrome.
the format is now

OLD:
"launch": { /* ... */ }
NEW:
"app": {
"launch": { /* ... */ }
}

if this is changed in the manifest.json file and you install the App
they will become visible again.

Digital Doctor

Jul 3, 2010, 12:08:35 PM7/3/10
to Chromium Apps
I've just installed 453.1 (Dev) and to my
surprise, I can locate nowhere the manifest.json
file (on PC).

I even searched my harddrive for the string "launch": { /* ... */ }

Baffled by that.

RC

Andy Lawton!

Jul 3, 2010, 1:19:02 PM7/3/10
to Chromium Apps
The manifest file is what tells the web app what to do. it is inside
the .crx file. If you unzip the crx of your webapps using something
like 7z you will find the manifest.json file. this needs to be edited
and then the extension can be repackaged.

Gestalt

Jul 4, 2010, 5:04:52 PM7/4/10
to Chromium Apps
Thanks, that addressed the problem!
Is Google documenting these changes anyplace or are we following
breadcrumbs with each build?