Any special apis?

Andrew Wooldridge

May 19, 2010, 1:31:46 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
Will there be any special apis associated with Chromium Apps? What
platforms will they run on? How are they different from Chrome
Extensions?

Gregor Hochmuth

May 19, 2010, 1:46:47 PM5/19/10
to Andrew Wooldridge, Chromium Apps
Hi Andrew,

We're thinking of these apps as regular web applications -- anything that runs in Chrome today and is built using standard web tools and technologies (also meaning that the same web apps run in other modern browsers too/already).

The "chromium-apps effort" is about adding some extra glue to make web apps more discoverable, easy to list in the Chrome Web Store and easy to install in Chrome. Check out our *preliminary* documentation for these "installable" web apps at code.google.com/chrome/apps/ and checkout chrome.google.com/webstore too.

Cheers,
Greg.

TerryP

May 19, 2010, 6:11:46 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
If it boosts the use of *modernised* web development, and helps poke
other browsers to handle the fun parts of HTML5/etc, then I'm all for
it...