Google Checkout merchant account outside US

emmettoc

Oct 21, 2010, 7:33:50 AM10/21/10
to Chromium Apps
I want to publish a paid app. But I found that I must first link a
Google Checkout merchant account and currently it's limited to people
who lives in US.

Since when can we, developers outside US, publish paid for apps? By
the way, I can create a US bank account outside US.

Thank you.

Ian Ni-Lewis

Oct 25, 2010, 12:02:18 PM10/25/10
to emmettoc, Chromium Apps
I pinged the Checkout team. Apparently you'll need a U.S. bank account, plus an address in the U.S. and a U.S. taxpayer ID (in case you strike it rich enough for Uncle Sam to take notice). Basically you need a real business presence inside the U.S. in order to take Web Store payments at launch.

But, never fear--the international launch is coming just a few months after the initial U.S.-only rollout.
Ian
--
Ian Ni-Lewis
Developer Advocate

emmettoc

Oct 25, 2010, 9:30:27 PM10/25/10
to Chromium Apps
Dear lan,

Thank you for your reply.
I understand. I'm very looking forward to the international launch
during developing.

Shingo

On 10月26日, 午前1:02, Ian Ni-Lewis <ile...@google.com> wrote:
> I pinged the Checkout team. Apparently you'll need a U.S. bank account, plus
> an address in the U.S. and a U.S. taxpayer ID (in case you strike it rich
> enough for Uncle Sam to take notice). Basically you need a real business
> presence inside the U.S. in order to take Web Store payments at launch.
>
> But, never fear--the international launch is coming just a few months after
> the initial U.S.-only rollout.
> Ian

Patrick Aljord

Oct 26, 2010, 3:32:46 AM10/26/10
to Chromium Apps
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Ian Ni-Lewis <ile...@google.com> wrote:
> But, never fear--the international launch is coming just a few months after
> the initial U.S.-only rollout.

Any idea if that will be before the end of 2010 or will we have to
wait for the first few months of 2011?

Ian Ni-Lewis

Oct 26, 2010, 4:38:26 AM10/26/10
to Patrick Aljord, Chromium Apps
I'd be very surprised to see it happen before the end of the year, but there's no official date yet.
Ian