Updated manifest syntax for Apps published (launch -> app: launch)

Gregor Hochmuth

Jul 13, 2010, 5:58:39 PM7/13/10
to Chromium Apps
As several on this list have noted already, there was a recent change in Chrome that affected the manifest format for apps.

We've updated the change at the Apps documentation site:
http://code.google.com/chrome/apps/docs/developers_guide.html

In short, instead of declaring at the top-level ...

     "launch": {
        "web_url": "..."
     }

the syntax now is:

     "app": {
         "launch": {
               "web_url": "..."
          }
     }

Please read through the entire section for other changes that may affect your apps. These changes are live on the latest Chrome devchannels and nightlies.

While we expected some flux in our documentation, we will also work to communicate future such changes to you more quickly.

-Greg

shylor

Jul 13, 2010, 6:19:26 PM7/13/10
to Chromium Apps